This calculator helps you estimate how much time and interest you can save over the life of your loan if you make regular additional repayments into your loan.
- It does not take into account any possible fees i.e. up-front fees or ongoing fees.
- Interest rate does not change over the loan term.
- Interest is calculated by compounding on the same repayment frequency selected, i.e. weekly, fortnightly, monthly. In practice, interest compounding frequency may not be the same as repayment frequency.
- It is assumed that a year consists 26 fortnights or 52 weeks which is counted as 364 days rather than 365 or 366 days.
- No rounding is done throughout calculation whereas repayments are rounded to at least the nearer cent in practice.
- The final repayment after the increase in repayment amount will be a partial repayment as required to reduce the loan balance to zero without negative owing amount.